Friday, November 11, 2011

A very Special Day......11-11-11

A very special day.  Today is my Birthday. When I say my age really fast it doesn't sound so bad.
Mr. Baboo came in with a dozen Yellow Roses, a sweet card and a smile.





What did I ever do to deserve this man?  Then he took me to eat and then shopping.  A very special
day. We have always shared this day.  My husband of 44 years is a Viet Nam Veteran. If you remember that war wasn't very popular.  He is a hero in my eyes and it is really his special day.
I was so blessed to get him home in one piece.  At the Airport when he came back home he was in his Uniform looking so good to me, a fine citizen spit on him and his medals I will never forget that day.
We all must never forget what all of those fine men and women that serve give for our country.
GOD Bless all of them and their families.
Some time in our day please take a moment of silence and think of what our world would be like
without the ones that serve.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a very special celebration with a very special loved one-- congrats on being together for 44 years!! And thanks and honor to your husband for his service to our country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elisa,
    I cant explain the feeling that I have inside when I remember of that time. Thanks for the comment. It means a lot. Please stop by often.

    ReplyDelete