Friday, August 26, 2011

New Civil War Fabric aka Fabric therapy

Well today I just had to go to Sweet Home Quilt Company ( one of my favorite quilting stores) to
pick up my BOM Comfort and Joy.  I just can not  leave that store without checking out the Civil War
Fabric.  They have the best selection.  The last Civil War block that Carol  with Chickadee Chatter posted the most beautiful block done in purples. Uh oh my bird dog got off of the trail. That's Southern for I'm rambling.  Anyway I had to have some purples for my CW stash. Aren't these wonderful?  And got a few more to boot.

I also picked up something for my Christmas fabric swap buddy ...Jenny from Alaska. No pictures of that but take my word for it she will like it.


We had out 1st Guild meeting last Tuesday night.  We really had a good group and a lot of  exciting
events planned.  Our Charity Quilt we will do differently this year usually we have one person that does that but this year we are asking each member to make a 12 1/2 inch block in black and white.
I think very good idea. I made 2.  Sort of  like potato chips cant do just one.

And last but not least my BOW Civil War block. This one was really a challenge but I like how it turned out.

I hope to have some time in the sewing room this weekend. And I hope everyone has a good weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I really like all three of your blocks. The colors in the civil war block are wonderful. And I love you little dog as well!

    ReplyDelete