Wednesday, June 27, 2012

PERFECTION

That word can be used in Gardening and Quilting.  It crossed my mind when I

came upon something that took my breath. 

Let me back up a little.  This time of year is a struggle for me.  You see I love to

garden as much as I love to quilt.  I was a Master Gardener before I was  a

quilter.  I am trying to bring back my garden .  For about 2 years I was unable

to take care of it.  If you read my profile you will know why. 

Quilt Guild is out for the summer.  So I am trying to  work on UFO's  and my

garden calls to me. 

Lets get back to the word Perfection.  As far as quilting the Amish said it best,

they always allow mistakes in their quilts because only GOD can create

 anything perfect.  That saying always makes me feel better about my

quilts. 

Back to the garden,  I was  ( call it piddling ) in my garden, pulling weeds,

watering and then I turned around and a brand new Lotus bloom caught my

eye.  I have a big water barrel of Lotus and also some dwarf lotus.  I love water

plants.  The bloom was beautiful  so perfect.  The down side of some blooms,

they dont last long.  It was in full bloom, I went inside to get my camera.  By the

time I came back out it was closing up.  Oh no !!! I missed perfection. 








GOD gives and takes away.  When this bloom is fully open it will take you

breath. 



My other love, my Myers Lemon tree.  It has 4 lemons and more blooms.


As it starts getting hotter in Georgia my sewing room will be nice and cool.

Next post I should have some finished projects to show.

No comments:

Post a Comment