Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Last night my guild had a sew in for Journey of Hope. We make quilts for children with cancer.  Everyone brought orphan blocks and nine patch blocks This quilt on my design wall is a baseball quilt top for a boy. The lady that hands out the quilts told a story about a boy about 10 years old and we didn't have a quilt big enough for him. It broke my heart that he didn't get a quilt.  I was making this baseball quilt for my grandson Dawson.  I ask him if I could donate it to a child with cancer.  With a very concerned look n his face he said " Sure Nana please do " I was so proud oh him. So I hope to get it pinned and quilted as soon as I can.  We often forget that not only small children need a quilt.  It makes me happy that quilts make anyone comforted and loved.
stitch by stitch Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment