Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Backside of bad news....................

I think I have been studying and taking pictures of nature, bugs and gardening

long before I started quilting.  I feel so connected to nature.  So sometimes that is

what I will blog about.  Whatever is on my heart.  Oh back to the Backside of

bad news.............



While out on my front porch I saw this lovely creature.  Here in Georgia we call them Cow Ants. 

Story has it a group of these can bring down a cow.  I have never been stung and don't want to.  I have red it is nasty.  But they have there place in nature.  Mother Nature is a smart lady, she gave
most of the dangerous bugs bright colors to warn predators.  But I let it go on its way.  I'm sure it
will hunt without bothering me.

This is where I like to preach a little bit about bugs.  There is good bugs and bad bugs.  Both have there place in nature.  Don't get me wrong if say a black widow is in my space she is going to die.
They are very protective when they have eggs.  But out of the way she will continue her journey.
So many things in nature are endangered.  Bees for instance are disappearing every year.  We will have no food without anything to pollinate it.  Not only bees pollinate but wasp and even Humming Birds. So shame on you if you have a bug zapper.

Please teach your children not to be scared of nature.  There is beauty there no mater what it is.
Good bugs and bad bugs.  Most of time good bugs eat bad bugs, that's nature.  GOD gave us nature
to enjoy and prove that he is all around us.


Miss Lola guarding the porch and watching nature with me.



Here is the Harvest wall hanging I have started on.  I love this propounded
panels.  I love to do echo quilting and adding buttons.  It is open to a lot of imagination.

Until next time,
stitch by stitch...........

No comments:

Post a Comment